We welcome contributions for oral or poster presentations on one of the three topics of the workshop:
● Fish stock delineation and management
● Population genomics and fisheries
● The future of fisheries management in the genomic era
Please take account of the symposium themes when submitting your abstract. Potential contributors should submit abstracts for oral or poster presentation using the submission form below. The scientific commission will review all abstracts for relevance to the workshop and scientific merit before compiling the programme.
During submission, submitters must choose the formats in which they would be willing to present/publish their abstract. These choices must be made at the time of submission and cannot be changed after the review committee has reached its decision.
• First, authors select whether they prefer oral or poster presentation. Abstracts noted with a preference for poster presentation will NOT be considered for oral presentation, regardless of score.
• Second, in the event that an abstract is not chosen for oral presentation, it can still be chosen for poster presentation. Authors who state a preference for oral presentation must decide whether they would accept poster presentation. Authors may either present a poster or request that the abstract be immediately withdrawn.
Abstract Review and Selection Process
After the submission deadline, all completed and eligible abstracts will be reviewed and scored by the Scientific committed.
• Abstracts will be evaluated and scored solely on their scientific merits.
• Incomplete abstracts will not be reviewed.
• Abstracts will be peer reviewed according to the subject categories (Theme 1, Theme 2 or Theme 3). Authors must indicate during online submission the appropriate review category (one only).
• All abstracts submitted will be considered eligible for one presentation: either oral or poster.
◦ Oral Sessions are formal oral presentations of 12 min followed by a brief discussion.
◦ Poster Sessions allow the viewing of a poster illustration of the abstract. Authors are expected to hang posters during Monday morning and remove posters after the last poster session and to be at their posters to answer questions during the time designated for poster presentations.
Notification regarding acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be sent to the presenting author by email; consequently, an accurate email address is critical. If your abstract is accepted, the email will specify whether it is accepted as oral, or poster presentation. If you have not received an timely email notification, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCMAR ● Campus de Gambelas ● Faro ● Portugal ● email: email@example.com